Wednesday, Feb. 24th
Venice is a city of mystery and magic, with an exotic history filled with the scent of spices from the east. When Lucia visited Venice, she experienced firsthand the Rialto Fish Market and the spice shops. Seafood is a staple of the Venetian diet. In the class you will learn about the culture and flavors of this beloved city by the sea. You will hear her stories about singing with her St. Anne’s Church choir in the historic Basilica of San Marco her love for this amazing floating city.
- Heart of palm salad with late harvest Riesling dressing
- Bruschetta with artichoke & pecorino puree
- Shrimp in puff pastry
- Tagliatelle pasta with porcini & crimini mushrooms
- Branzino (Italian Sea Bass) encrusted with a medley of rosemary, sage and Italian Parsley
- and for dessert… Tiramisu (of course!)
Call (713) 523-6494 to Reserve Your Spot Today!
You are invited to a different kind of cooking class. Experience the sight and smells of a cozy kitchen with joys of music and conversation as dinner is served around a communal table. Dishes will be prepared as you learn about herbs, spices and the flavors of diverse culinary traditions. Lucia Bettler, owner of Lucia’s Garden, has been teaching cooking in Houston for over 25 years. Passionate about food and history, Lucia shares with you the pleasures of slow cooking and the customs of many cultures and their celebrations of life!